Adeleke Withdraws EFCC Suit, Praises Tinubu’s Intervention

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has withdrawn the legal action he instituted against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of the state government’s bank account.
Adeleke had challenged the EFCC’s decision to restrict access to the account shortly before the Osun governorship election, describing the action as politically motivated and harmful to the operations of his administration.
However, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention and directive for the restriction to be lifted, Adeleke has decided to discontinue the case.
Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics shortly after being declared the winner of the governorship election, Adeleke said he had instructed the state Attorney General to withdraw the suit.
The governor said he was satisfied with the President’s intervention and had chosen to move beyond the dispute.
“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my Attorney General to drop it. Mr President has done well. He called me. What more do I want?” Adeleke said.
Adeleke also addressed reports that some of his aides and supporters had been invited by the EFCC for questioning.
He said he had directed his lawyers to assist those invited, while insisting that his administration had nothing to hide.
According to the governor, some of the officials were questioned and later released after the EFCC found no wrongdoing.
Adeleke further argued that President Tinubu might not have been aware of some of the actions being carried out by federal agencies.
“Well, we have been talking. I have been calling all my lawyers to go there. I’m sure the APC in Osun, according to them, they are telling us they are using federal might,” he said.
“Most of these things, the President doesn’t know. The President has a lot of foreign work and jobs to do.”
The Osun governor also alleged that former Governor Gboyega Oyetola was behind the EFCC invitations, citing his relationship with President Tinubu.
Adeleke said he had encouraged his officials to cooperate with the anti-graft agency whenever invited, maintaining that there was nothing for them to conceal.
He added that the President’s intervention demonstrated that Tinubu was not aware of the EFCC action against the state government.
Adeleke’s decision to withdraw the suit comes after his victory in the Osun governorship election and his renewed public expression of support for President Tinubu.
READ ALSO:



